Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cadiz

Hola Todos!

So I know I said I would try to write this one in Spanish, but it’s late and I don’t feel like it…but I will eventually! Anyway, I know it’s been a few weeks for all of you that I’ve left on the edge of your chairs but there hasn’t really been anything exciting to write about. Or at least not that’s easily conveyed. The beginning of my mid terms was last week. Two down, two to go. I think they went pretty well. They were the two Spanish classes that I have so it has all got to be easier now, right? I hate it when you make those stupid mistakes though. Like when you completely forget to write something and then once you leave, it dawns on you…o’well. So for the last week that’s pretty much all I did was study. The week before, though, I finally walked the entire park across from mi casa. It’s not a huge park put I always go through Placa de Espana and leave out Maria Louisa. It was such a beautiful place. Dirt paths with a stream of bikers, walkers and horse and carriages for the tourists, but I would still do because it is fun. I decided to walk around one day after class, forgoing my siesta, and it was well worth it. There are endless little gardens and water features all tucked behind trees or through grassy areas all of which are heavily occupied with couples or groups of friends just sitting there relaxing, enjoying the beginning of spring. To me that sums up Sevilla. It is such a laid back city with early 20th century charm and 21st century conveniences. All of these teenagers just lounge around the park up to nothing more than talking. You all know that I’m a pretty independent person but that was a moment I wished that I had someone to share it with. I sat on a bench and just read for awhile completely undisturbed and content. I’ve decided to make that a weekly ritual. I can’t wait until the weather gets a little warmer so I can have a picnic!

Today I went back to Cadiz, the sight of my Carnival adventures. This time though it was day light and completely different. Come to find out though the beach where the kid hurt himself with the barricades…there was a real beach like a minute walk from that!!!! Ooops. Cadiz was a great little day trip. We walked the city in a few hours through the gardens, the cathedral and the plazas that are so characteristic of Spain. Most of the time though I spent sitting on the beach. It was a beautiful spring day and it was nice to just relax and stick my feet in the sand. I am way excited for Greece now!!!

This week coming up I have two more midterms but they aren’t a big deal at all, (I say that now). Besides that I’m determined to finish planning all of the trips! Especially since once Morocco starts I won’t have much of a break.

So here’s how it’s looking so far; during March I will be going to Dublin and Morocco. April; France, Poland and Egypt!!!! May; last part of Egypt, Portugal…then the program is over! May; Greece, and June; Madrid, Majorca, Sevilla, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and London. Then it’s back stateside. It still seems far off but with that schedule I’ll be back before I know it.

If I haven’t extended the invitation before I would love visitors!!!! And they have some great deals b/c of this recession thing I keep hearing about. Seriously though if anyone would like to visit I would love to show you around or we can go wherever!

Love you all, Have a good week!